The aims of the Atapuerca Foundation is to support the Atapuerca Research Team (ART) in the form of pre- and post-doctoral research grants and manage each annual dig at the Sierra de Atapuerca sites.
The aims of the Atapuerca Foundation are:
- To support the Atapuerca Research Team (ART) in the form of pre- and post-doctoral research grants and manage each annual dig at the Sierra de Atapuerca sites.
- To publicize human evolution-related research and discoveries - especially those related to the Sierra de Atapuerca sites- through the design and implementation of science outreach projects.
- To contribute to improvements in the district around the Sierra de Atapuerca sites.
- To achieve these goals, the Atapuerca Foundation is open to public and private organizations. This support ensures the continuity of a unique project in the world.
- Economic support for the excavation campaigns
- Support for the scientific research through research grants
- Dissemination of the Atapuerca project and specially the management of visits to the sites and the Experimental Archaeology Centre commissioned by the Junta de Castilla y León
- Organization of congresses
- Support for the local development