You are here
Conference: The 1st Annual Seminar of Experimental Archaeology in Norway
Recent years have shown an upsurge of activities related toin Norway. The time was therefore ripe to arrange a meeting (7 May 2011) and there was talk of forming a formal network for experimental archaeology in Norway. The previous meeting of the sort was in 2005, and the idea of a seminar was well received.
The day was rounded off with a constitutional meeting for the Norsk Forum for Eksperimentell Arkeologi [the Norwegian Forum for Experimental Archaeology], and an annual seminar was decided on. A committee of five volunteered to work towards the next seminar, which will also be held at Hringariki in September 2012, and will be expanded to two days – one day of lectures and one day of demonstrations in the presence of museum visitors.
- Conference: The 2nd Annual Seminar of Experimental Archaeology in Norway
- Conference Overview 2010/2011
- Conference: Live Interpretation, 2013 EXARC’s meeting in Hungary
- Book Review: Experimental Archaeology – Between Enlightenment and Experience by Petersson and Narmo
- Interview: Sensing History with Hans-Ole Hansen
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.