EXARC has several vacancies, listed below. Let us know if you are interested in any of these openings; email us at email@example.com any time!
You are welcome no matter how much or little time you have, you do not commit yourself for any longer than you wish. Most of the work you can do from home, but of course we offer the chance to be in close contact with the rest of the EXARC Team.
It is nice if you have affinity with museums, but you do not need to have much more than that. As a volunteer you work in a very international environment with us.
EXARC gives you the opportunity to:
- Join a dynamic international community dedicated to experimental archaeology, open-air museums and interpetation
- Enhance your skill set or learn new skills
- Expand your cv
- Engage in an activity you enjoy or are good at (e.g. working with social media or text)
- Do an internship
- Extend your network
- Do something for society
- Have a nice way of spending your free time
- Tie in with projects from other disciplines, which in some way touch on what EXARC is doing
EXARC offers volunteers an insurance related to all activities carried out under its umbrella. You also get a reference letter when you leave.
Volunteer Vacancies related to our online Shows
EXARC has regular online shows where open access and interaction are very important. For this we use a combination of YouTube and a chat program called Discord, which is easy to learn. Our largest upcoming events are a conference in November and a World Tour in March. We also have a monthly event, Finally Friday. For these online events we are looking for volunteers. It is important that your English is OK. Apart from that, all you need is a computer and an internet connection.
Tasks are diverse.
- Are you happy to be one of our hosts? You will be the voice during our online activity, our presenter so to say, either making announcements or guiding the Questions and Answers.
- Or are you more of a techie and willing to help with our tech support team, helping with sound checking, but also solving accessibility issues of participants during the show.
- Finally, we have somebody standing at the entry of our show, making sure people who join also present themselves kindly - and if they do, you give them the right roles and send them on, into the show.
EXARC has regular online shows where open access and interaction are very important. Our largest upcoming events are a conference in November and a World Tour in March. We also have a monthly event, Finally Friday. We also have irregular presentations by members on YouTube.
For most of these events, we prepare digital broadcasts of 30 – 60 minutes, which we post on YouTube, podcast channels et cetera.
Our digital team is volunteer-based and we are currently looking for one more audio/video processor.
Audio/video processors are responsible for generating YouTube-ready videos from media provided by conference speakers. The media provided by speakers will include a number of different formats, including .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .mp3, .mp4, and .wav, for example.
We need somebody with experience in audio/video editing and YouTube studio (training can be provided).