Please become EXARC Member, you are welcome!
Individual Members are any natural persons involved in one of the four themes of EXARC.
Please fill out the Registration Form for Individual Members.
After we have received your registration form, we will send you an invoice for the membership fee (email: PDF).
Institutional Members are legal persons: Archaeological Open-Air Museums, Universities, Living History Associations or any non-commercial institutions actively involved in and endorsing the objectives of EXARC.
Please fill out the Registration Form for Institutional Members.
After we have received your Registration Form, nearby members are informed about you wanting to become member. This is both meant as a good introduction as well as inquiring if there is a real and serious reason not to accept you – this hardly ever is the case. The opinion of the members as well as the information you gave is handed to the EXARC Board who decides.
All members need to pay the annual Membership fee:
|Category 1||Category 2||All|
|Institutional Members||€ 150||€ 60|
|Individual Members (Europe)||€ 70||€ 40|
|Student Members||€ 40|
|Individual Members (Non-Europe)||€ 50|
|Donors||€ 10 - € 1,000|
Your geographical location determines your membership fees. We have two categories of countries, one below, the other above the "average":
|Example countries in Europe|
|Category 1 > average EU||Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom|
|Category 2 < average EU||Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine|
Our category 1 and 2 division follows the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of countries. The bar is set at the “average EU-28”.
After paying the Membership fee you will get:
- An internet presentation on EXARC.net;
- Login for our website;
- A list of addresses of all EXARC members;
- Our latest EXARC Journal Digest;
- A member’s pass with which you can visit other members’ places for free and identify yourself as member;
- Institutional members also get a shield to place by the entrance, advertising that you are part of EXARC.
Once you are a Member:
- Please send us recent documentation about your organisation and relevant activities, either as hard copy or digitally (preferred). This can for example be PR material or a public year report.
- Please add a link to our website exarc.net. If you like, you can use our logo. Please check the Logo & Banners page for the EXARC logo.
- See our Benefits & Obligations.
Cancelling your Membership
The EXARC Charter states that: “Members are authorised to cancel their memberships in observance of a notice period of at least thirteen weeks prior to the end of the association year.”
Please contact us if you wish to cancel your membership.
Note: When membership is cancelled, one needs to return their EXARC member's card and member's shield (for instititutional members) to EXARC and remove all EXARC logos from one's website, other communication platforms and communication tools like for example PR brochures.