With medieval techniques and tools such as those from the 14th century, a royal court of Emperor Charles IV was built in Bärnau in the following 20 years. Learn in this 2.5-day course how to hew a beam traditionally with a carpenter's hatchet and other hand tools, under the guidance of our master craftsmen. In addition, you will be given extensive knowledge of the raw material wood and the necessary tools.
- Selection and measurement of the tree trunk
- History and development of the axes used for hewing
- Proper care and safe handling of the tool
- Working with the ax and carpenter's hatchet from the round trunk to the beam
- Notch technology for time-saving work
- Surface treatment of wood with the axe and the drawing knife
Registration deadline: 30 September