Later Prehistoric Finds Group Conference: Crafting Identities: Making and using objects in the Bronze and Iron Ages
Craft and the transformation of raw materials into objects were integral aspects of prehistoric life. This conference examines crafting processes in detail and investigates the complex ways these processes and resulting artefacts contributed to the identities of groups and individuals.
- Mark Dalton, British Museum and University College London
- Giovanna Fregni, Independent Researcher
- Tessa Machling, Independent researcher
- Roland Williamson, Museum replica maker, Bodgit & Bendit
- Anne Crone, AOC Archaeology
- Matt Hitchcock, University of Manchester
- Mary Davis, National Museums Scotland
- Nicky Garland, Newcastle University
- Fraser Hunter, National Museums Scotland
- Sophie Adams, SUERC, University of Glasgow
- Marta Innes, University of Glasgow
- Gemma Cruickshanks, National Museums Scotland
- Jennifer Beamer, University of Leicester
- Helen Chittock, AOC Archaeology
£20, £16 Members &Conc.*
*Over 60s, students with valid NUS or Young Scot card, unemployed with ID, disabled people. Carers of disabled people go free.
Book in person at our museums, call 0300 123 6789 or book online.